NORA #1112 - XHP Chef - Blue | Pearl
- Blade Type: Chef
- Blade Length: 8.5 Inches
- Total Length: 13 Inches
- Handle Style: Western | Right or Left Hand Use
- Steel: CTS-XHP Stainless Steel
- Handle Materials: Urethane Resins, Black G10 Liner, Natural micarta pins
- Rockwell Hardness: 62 HRC
- Grind Type: Full Flat Hybrid
- Weight: 8.3 oz
- This Blade is Ground...
- Thin for Performance (premium performance but somewhat delicate)
- Thick for Durability (tough, built to last for heavy wear-n-tear)
- >>> Mid-Range with Special Geometry (specially ground for food release and glide but blade is kept slightly thicker for durability)
- This Knife Feels...
- >>> Heavy in Hand (hefty, durable)
- Light (nimble, maneuverable)
- Not too heavy, not too light (Switzerland)
GENERAL USES OF THIS KNIFE
Our take on the classic Chef knife. This is an extremely versatile knife that is a jack-of-all-trades worker and one of the single most important knives in a kitchen. Our Chef knife design can easily accommodate both a pinch grip and a full hold. It is a good choice for those with larger hands or those who prefer a full hold on the handle. Our design is also excellent for those who like a rocking motion while cutting.
CTS-XHP Stainless Steel
This knife blade is made from CTS-XHP stainless steel which is a premium stainless steel that we rarely offer because it is fairly hard to source. This steel has excellent durability for a stainless steel and it also can be taken to a fairly high hardness at 62 HRC. A higher hardness generally translates to greater edge retention and sharpness which is why this is such a sought after steel. Besides this, the actual stain resistance on this stainless is high. This may seem counter-intuitive as it is a "stainless" steel but many other stainless steels have a tendency to form small rust spots. They are "stainless," but just barely. This steel has a great combination of performance and stain resistance. You're not sacrificing one for the other which is nice when it comes to kitchen use. In general, this is an excellent steel choice that combines great performance with heightened durability.
HANDLE DESIGN & MATERIALS:
Every one of our knives is handmade, numbered and unique. This NORA knife, number #1112, is a hand poured mix of resin in shimmering hues of teal and white pearl. It looks like an ocean clashing with a cloud. It was an experimental pour of two colors and we like the airy feel to the colors. We added a black G10 liner for weight and durability and we finished with natural micarta pins.